Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Meagan Harrison's Pulled Pork Burritos

Hello!

Well, I was introduced to this marvelous recipe on my first weekend here in Dallas when the Harrison's invited us foreigners over for dinner. It was the most DELICIOUS thing ever. I don't like pork. I just don't. But THESE, I can eat these for always. I have made them countless times since and shared them with many of you! Yep. So, by popular request, here is her recipe!

Pulled Pork Burritos

1 boneless pork tenderloin
1 1/2 c ketchup
8 heaping Tb brown sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
3 Tb apple cider vinegar
4 Tb Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp salt
4 cloves of garlic

Cook in crock pot for 6-7 hours.

Usually at about 5 1/2 - 6 hours I pull the pork out and shred it with a fork and put it back in the juices for about a half an hour. Put on soft tortillas and serve with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, whatever you like!

Here's the recipe for the dressing that the Harrison's like to put on it. I'm not a fan of ranch so I never make it but it is huge with everyone else ; )

Tomatillo Ranch Dressing

1 packet hidden valley ranch dressing
1 c buttermilk
2 tomatillos
1/2 bunch cilantro
1/2 tsp lime juice

Mix together in blender and keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment